Optimize Your Chances of Getting Pregnant Using Cervical Cap Insemination
Successfully conceiving can take time - and sometimes, a little help. This is especially true if you find that you’re dealing with one or more common fertility factors, including slow-moving sperm, low sperm counts, or even unfavorable vaginal environments that make it difficult for sperm to navigate their way through the vaginal tract, past the cervix and to their final destination: the fallopian tubes. But it doesn’t just take help to overcome these types of hurdles: it takes the right kind of help.
In working with couples who have struggled to conceive, we’ve heard far too many tales about shoddy products or uncomfortable post-intercourse positions that were supposed to help couples. In many cases these things would try to “trap” sperm in an effort to get them where they needed to go. But of course, most of these aids didn’t address the real issue behind a couple’s conception delays, and just weren’t giving them they boost they needed to finally start their family. Fortunately, these days there are more - and more effective - tools available to couples that need a little fertility-related help. One of these tools is The Stork OTC.
About the Stork® OTC
The Stork® OTC is an innovative, FDA cleared, over-the-counter medical device that’s designed to help couples conceive. It also allows them to do so in the comfort and privacy of their own home, all through the use of a natural insemination technique called cervical cap insemination. How does it work? Quite simply: The Stork® OTC uses a condom‐like sheath to collect sperm and an applicator for tampon‐like application of the cervical cap, which helps to deliver the sperm to the cervical opening. That’s it!
Thanks to its easy-to-use design, The Stork® OTC can assist couples in overcoming several major conception barriers. The technique used by The Stork OTC, known as cervical cap insemination, is especially helpful in preventing the backflow of semen into the vagina and in buffering weaker or lower sperm counts from a sub-optimal vaginal environment. And because The Stork® OTC addresses common fertility issues such as these, it’s a great alternative for couples who aren’t able to undergo – or who aren’t comfortable with undergoing – more invasive conception and fertility procedures.
How Cervical Cap Insemination Really Works
As you might imagine, it can get messy to fill a cervical cap with semen and insert it into the body. And generally inserting it isn’t enough: the cap must pass through the vagina to rest against the cervix. Without any sort of tube or applicator, this process could easily result in spillage, thereby making the insertion process more or less useless.
This awkward process is exactly what the Stork OTC helps to smooth out. Not only does our device offer a unique cervical cap for your personal use as part of the device, but it also introduces an applicator into the equation. The innovative approach of the applicator utilizes the already-familiar act of using a tampon, and helps position a cap filled with semen directly beside the cervix - allowing women to take control over their fertility and conception efforts.
- Pregnancy success rate of up to 20%1.
- Prevention of backflow of semen into the vagina5.
- Prolonged exposure of the spermatozoa (sperm cell) to the cervical mucus5.
- Enables sperm to bypass the vaginal environment quickly, reducing the risk of sperm loss in the vaginal tract5.
- Considered a less invasive method of aiding in conception with a limited number of risks6.
How to Use the Stork® OTC
One reason The Stork® OTC is so easy to use is because it only consists of two main parts: the Conceptacle® and the applicator. The Conceptacle® consists of a cervical cap that is inside of a “condom‐like” sheath made of silicone. The applicator, used separately from the Conceptacle®, allows a woman to easily place the cervical cap in place at her cervix, helping the sperm within the cap bypass traveling through the vaginal canal. Instead, the sperm can enter the cervical canal directly, and – if timed correctly – may swim up to and fertilize an egg, resulting in a successful conception.
Here’s a simple three-step overview of how couples would go about using The Stork® OTC to help in their efforts to become pregnant:
Step One: Prepare the cervical cap for use. Before placing the cervical cap over a woman’s cervix, couples will need to use the Conceptacle® to collect and hold the sperm needed for conception during intercourse. * Once the required semen is collected, you can take the sheath off by rolling it back down and over the cervical cap located at the bottom of the Conceptacle®. This process will be much like rolling a condom off after intercourse.
*In the event that you are using donor sperm, there are also directions available with The Stork® OTC to guide couples that want to use the device for this process.
Step Two: Place the cervical cap at the cervix. Once the required sperm has been collected for use, the woman who is aiming to become pregnant should place the cervical cap into the applicator part of The Stork® OTC. She will then use the applicator to insert the cap into the vagina and up to the opening of the cervix.
Step Three: Remember to remove the cap. Just like a tampon, the woman can carry on with her regular daily activities while the cervical cap is in place. The cervical cap should be left next to the cervix for 4 - 6 hours, and then removed using a tampon‐like pull string.
How the Stork OTC Applicator Really Works
Once the Conceptacle is removed and the sperm is held in the cervical cap (as demonstrated in this video here!), it’s time to incorporate the applicator.
The Stork OTC applicator is a slender curved device designed to gently enter the body. It has a special cap holder that the cervical cap clicks into once the semen has been collected. Once these pieces have been engaged, the device is ready for insertion. It’s a simple process that really has never been taken advantage of in the home before - which is what makes our product so revolutionary!
When using the applicator, the woman must first relax into a supine position and then introduce the applicator into her vaginal canal. Once the cap touches the cervix, she simply releases the cap with the help of the device’s plunger and - amazingly! - she is all finished.
Unlike other methods, there is no need to be fitted for a cap and no need to transfer semen into it once you have it. The cap holder and cap stay in place for up to six hours, allowing the sperm to naturally do their job of moving through the cervix and towards the Fallopian Tubes for fertilization.
And now with the latest results from a study showing the Stork OTC delivers a 3.2 times higher sperm concentration to the cervix compared to the sperm concentration to the cervix of natural intercourse, there’s even more of a reason to give the device a chance.
Why Choose the Stork OTC?
There are seven big reasons to consider using The Stork OTC if you think it’s time to step up your conception efforts:
- It’s designed for ease of use. The Stork OTC does not require the same work or hassle as other fertility treatment options, aids or methods. Just compare the procedure for using The Stork OTC to that of what’s commonly referred to as “the turkey baster method”. It quickly becomes clear which method and aid is easier (and less messy) to use!
- It’s affordable. A single over the counter Stork OTC device costs $79.99, making The Stork OTC a cost-effective option for those who aren't quite ready to progress to fertility treatments like IUI and/or IVF. (Since each device can only be used once, however, we recommend combining your use of The Stork OTC with some sort of fertility tracking method to ensure that you use your device at the right time!)
- The Stork OTC addresses common fertility issues. While some fertility issues do ultimately require a medicinal intervention, couples dealing with subfertility might benefit from The Stork OTC. The device is designed to help couples overcome the hurdles associated with common fertility and subfertility issues, including:
- Low sperm count
- Poor sperm motility
- Unfavorable vaginal environments that prevent both healthy and unhealthy sperm from successfully reaching and fertilizing an egg.
- It keeps things intimate. The Stork OTC is designed for use in the privacy of your own home. This allows a couple to continue to work together on starting their family, instead of forcing them to work within a “clinical” doctor’s office. We’ve found that giving couples the ability to continue to try to conceive at home creates a sense of comfort and might reduce stress levels in many couples.
- It requires less invasive measures and intervention than many other fertility aids. Many insemination techniques require that sperm be inserted directly into a woman's cervix, fallopian tubes or even uterus. This means that in many cases, fertility related procedures will be more invasive than some couples would prefer. The Stork OTC gives couples a possible conception tool that could work in a less invasive manner.
- It can benefit couples who are not looking to conceive via intercourse. It’s 2017 - we know that not every couple will be able to conceive via intercourse. The Stork OTC is an option for all kinds of modern families-to-be, and it gives couples (and even single moms) the opportunity to try to conceive a child without undergoing an expensive or invasive procedure in a clinic.
Success StoriesRead More Success Stories
Where to Find the Stork OTC
If you are currently considering ways to enhance your efforts to start a family, The Stork OTC may be just the tool you’re looking for. The Stork OTC is currently available over the counter in select major drugstores and pharmacies - we invite you to purchase one and to see if it can help you.